Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Lambkin for Callie

My niece, Callista is going to be 1 year old next Monday. So naturally this Auntie wanted to make her something special for her birthday. Unfortunately, the pattern I wanted to make her called for a bath towel, something I kept forgetting to buy whenever we went shopping. So I asked the ladies over at the Sense & Sensibility message forum for some help finding a stuffed animal pattern that was easy and fast to put together and was told that the Lambkin would work perfectly.


I decided to make it out of fleece instead of cotton so it would be nice and soft. Because of that, I added just slightly to the edges of the pattern pieces. Also, I couldn't turn in the edges of inside the ears before sewing them on as it was too bulky. But I think it looks cute the way it is!



The directions called for making felt eyes for very young children, but I don't have any felt, so I embroidered sheep eyes on it instead. Yes, sheep really do have rectangular shaped pupils!


I sure hope Callie will like it!

1 comment:

  1. It is absolutely darling! You did a wonderful job. Callie will love it, especially since it was lovingly made by her Auntie!

    ReplyDelete