Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bridal Shower Gift

This last Sunday I had the chance to attend a bridal shower for a young lady at my church. Naturally, I really wanted to make her something instead of buying a gift. So I looked through a crochet book that I've been borrowing from my mom, and found the perfect something that was easy, and more important, fast! In case you're interested, the name of the book is Our Best Thread Crochet. :-) Anyway, one of the projects in there is making a lace edging for kitchen towels, and what new bride doesn't need lots of kitchen towels?

And here's a close up picture.


This is a great way to take an ordinary gift and make it extra special. And did I mention that each lace edging only took about 2 hours to make? Which is especially good for someone like me who is a very slow crocheter. :-D In addition I only had the cost of the towels for my expenses! (I already had the crochet thread and hook) So it's wonderfully economical too!

P.S. That fabric you see peaking behind the towel is an upcoming project. ;-)

1 comment: